At Love Harlem we are committed to protecting your privacy. We will not wilfully disclose information about our customers or users to any third party without first receiving our customers’ and/or users’ consent.
Information we collect
Using your information
Collecting this information helps us better understand what you need from us. We use it to offer you a service that we think will suit you down to the ground and attempt to improve your experience with us. The main uses of your data are:
- To help provide your services.
- To provide access to privileged areas of the Website.
- To administer contests and competitions and personalise your visit to the Website.
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services and special offers online.
- To occasionally carry out market research.
- To send you details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. However, we hate junk mail as much as you do so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
- When you use the Website products and services, you agree to the Terms. Our Terms sets out the purposes for which Love Harlem may use your personal information, and to whom it may be disclosed. Please refer to our Terms for full details.
- If you do not want to receive such communications, simply tell us when you give us your personal information or email us at [email protected]
Protecting Your Information
Your information is stored on our in-house database which only our employees and agents can access. This, or the dynamics of the Internet may mean that information is sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Agents or contractors who in the course of providing services to Love Harlem have access to information which you give to us are required to keep that information secure and confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for Love Harlem.
In any event Love Harlem is committed to the security of our customers’ and users’ personal information and has security procedures in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of personal information under Love Harlem’s control.
Sharing of Information
Love Harlem will capture and process such personal information in accordance with the requirements set out in United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 1998.
Love Harlem will not sell, rent, trade or give away any customer’s or user’s personal information or e-mail address to third party companies without first obtaining its customer’s or user’s consent.
E-mails sent to Love Harlem or comments posted on Love Harlem product pages may occasionally be used for testimonial purposes but will be withdrawn from the Website if requested.
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:n n the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above; and n the transfer of your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
You can check the information which we hold on you by emailing us at [email protected] We will send you the information (as held by us) within the appropriate legal time limit and will try to send it within 14 days. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information or delete any of that information from our records.
When you visit the Website, Love Harlem may send your computer a “cookie”, i.e. a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow Love Harlem to make the Website more useful by tailoring the services Love Harlem offers from time to time.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, although you may not be able to access all of the features on the Website.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies, you can refer to your browser’s help section or user guide. Alternatively, the Interactive Advertising Bureau has produced a series of web pages (see www.allaboutcookies.org) which explain to users how cookies work and can be managed.